Important Information and Upcoming Events
It has been several weeks since our last business meeting so I wanted to take some to pass along some important information and details on upcoming events:
– Election – Our Worthy Trustee, Matt Stein, opened the floor for nominations back in May. We are still looking for brothers to fill the following positions: Chancellor, Recorder, Warden and Inside Guard. If you are a 3rd-degree member, please consider stepping up and taking on one of these roles. Please contact me or Matt Stein if you have any questions. We will be voting at our next business meeting which will be on Thursday, June 13th at 7:30 pm in the dining hall.
– Ordination Reception for Deacon Miller – The reception will follow the 10:45 Mass on Sunday, June 9th. Fr. Magee has asked the Knights to provide the meats for the reception, so we will need some volunteers to assist on the cooker that morning. Please let me know if you are available to help out.
– Consecration to the Holy Family Program – As I mentioned at the last business meeting, the Consecration to the Holy Family program has been created to “help strengthen families and revitalize our parishes by consecrating themselves to the Holy Family and to devote themselves to the ideal model of familial love set by Jesus, Mary and Joseph”. I have attached additional information on how to prepare and carry out the consecration. If you and your family choose to participate, I would very much appreciate your thoughts, so I can feed this back to our State Officers.
– OpLamb – The next OpLamb event is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, June 15th and 16th. I will send out a separate email with additional details as soon as we get the SignUpGenius created.
– All council members have been invited to attend the LAMB Foundation Grant Presentation for the Murdoch Center. Please see the following details from PSD, John Gouldie:
Worthy Grand Knights,
I invite you and your council members to attend the LAMB Foundation Grant Presentation for the Murdoch Center. This is one of the regional agencies supported through the 15% collected from your LAMB deposits.
It will be held on Friday, June 21 at 1:00pm at the Administration Building at the Murdoch Center in Butner. Attendance is open to all Knights and their families. It is an excellent way to see how the funds are used in your community.
Please share this opportunity with your council members. Let me know by June 18 of any attendees and I will get them the detail information about this event.
Hope your 2019 LAMB Campaign is successful.
John C. Gouldie, PSD North Carolina Knights of Columbus
SK Mike Potochnik, GKKnights of Columbus, Council 11234St. Catherine of Siena, Wake Forest, NChttp://kofc11234.org