For those of you who were not able to attend the business meeting on Thursday, I would like to provide some important updates and information for you:
– Hank Pierwola – our brother Pete Lambert provided an update on our brother Hank. Hank is now home from the hospital recovering from MRSA as a result of his surgery. He is also currently in a wheelchair, is unable to walk without a walker and is expected to require at least 6 months to a year of physical therapy. Hank is in good spirits and is open to having visitors, be he is asking that you call prior to making a visit. Let me know if you would like to get in touch with Hank and I can give you his contact information.
Because of all of this, Hank is unable to get around very well he is unable to maintain his yard. We would like to get a group of brothers out to Hank’s property to help rake up leaves and clear any dead branches this Saturday, the 17th, around 9:00 am. Hank’s property is a few acres so the more help we can get, the better. Let’s rise to the occasion and help out our brother who spends most of his time helping others. Please reply to me directly if you are willing to help out. If you can’t make it on the 17th but have time during the week to knock some stuff out, just let me know so I can let Hank and Deborah know.
– Our Worthy Treasure John Elsbernd submitted the proposed budget the fiscal year. I have included a copy as an attachment for you to review. We will have the second reading of the budget at our next business meeting in January.
– Knight’s Memorial Mass – a reminder that the Knight’s Memorial Mass will take place on November 18th at 8:00 am. Please arrive early enough to allow for time for us to set-up. The names of our departed brothers will be read 5 minutes prior to the start of Mass.
– Christmas Dinner – Our worthy Lecturer Dave Rogers has agreed to coordinate this year’s Christmas dinner which will be held on December 14th from 6:00 to 9:30 pm. Keep an eye out for the upcoming invitation and please RSVP as soon as possible.
– Christmas parade – The Wake Forest Christmas Parade is scheduled for December 8th. Please join us as we hand out Tootsie rolls the children and remind our neighbors to “Keep Christ in Christmas”. We will gather in the church parking lot around 10:00 am and then head over to the parade entry point. You can also meet us at the parade entry point any time before 12:30. The parade begins at 1:00 pm. You are encouraged to have your children join us as long as they are able to walk the route: https://www.wakeforestnc.gov/wake-forest-christmas-parade.aspx
– There will be no business meeting in December, as we will be having our Christmas dinner on the 14th. The next business meeting is scheduled for January 10th.
– Our council will also be hosting Initiation (1st) Degree Ceremony prior to our January business meeting. Please arrive BEFORE 7:00 pm if you plan to attend.
What : Initiation (1st) Degree Ceremony
Where: St Catherine of Siena School Dining Room 520 W. Holding Ave, Wake Forest NC 27587 When: Thursday January 10th Arrive at 6:30pm for registration Degree begins at 7:00 PM Sharp Council Business Meeting to immediately Follow Dress Code: Business Casual
Fraternally in Christ,
SK Mike Potochnik, GKKnights of Columbus, Council 11234St. Catherine of Siena, Wake Forest, NChttp://kofc11234.org